Apr 19, 2021
Carol Cooke was once told by a
doctor that she would no longer live her life as she knew it after
being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Her condition, though, did
not stop her from doing what she wanted to do, finding herself
rowing then cycling in competitions.
results of her hard work and perseverance are impressive and
inspirational for Boomers: 3x gold-medallist in the Paralympics and
9x world champion in cycling.
me in this episode and learn why Carol is a Kickass
[00:01 - 07:03] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Carol Cooke
- The journey to becoming a world-class
[07:04 - 17:40] Handling Multiple Sclerosis
- Here’s why you should visit Melbourne,
- How Carol handled this condition that felt like
“being hit by a bus”
- Carol talks about this life-changing 5.8
seconds in a sport
[17:41 - 27:55] From Rowing to
- Carol talks about the time she almost gave up
- When someone told her she’s not a
- But another type of athlete
- Competing against men
- Carol shares her experience
[27:56 - 40:10] Boomers Can Play
- Carol talks about her experience in the 2016
- Can Boomers be sporty?
- Carol shares her experience in writing a book
for the first time
[40:11 - 50:40] A Boomer’s Passion
- Publishing is harder than writing
- Why she wouldn’t change her past if she has the
- Finding your passion in your Boomer
[50:41 - 59:05] Closing Segment
- Carol talks about having the right mindset not
just in sports
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with
- Final words
“Just try something new and
it doesn’t have to be sport-related.” - Carol Cooke
“No matter what age we are,
we can always push ourselves and we can always set new
goals.” - Carol
Check out Carol’s
website to learn more about her work and schedule a
meeting with her. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and
WATCH OUT for Carol’s new book:
The Force Within - from Police Officer to Paralympian
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a
to listen to the previous episodes.
Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
and connect with me online and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.